Thursday, November 20, 2014

Truth & Love

each birthday
we add another candle to that cake
we sing that birthday tune
we celebrate
the year with all we've baked
with all the love 
and all the devotion
all the mistakes
and the regrets
how can we hope they will believe
that which we believe..
I have some thoughts on that
as I sit here
preparing my heart for the advent season
the birth of the Savior my King Jesus..
which is immediately followed 
by my two little boys birthday..
birthday season is nearly upon me
and I have some thoughts
on this parenting thing I have been doing


"Our marriages need to be full of Truth and love. 
We should be full of grace and love and forgiveness and faithfulness for one another,
 every single day.. 
for it is what Christ shows to us… 
He gives it freely, and so ought we; it is what we need to show one another..
It is in the seeing it day in day out, real, raw, honest, with out falseness, 
it is IN that reality, our childen will believe..
because they will have lived in truth…and in love" 
anika cornforth

No comments: