Tuesday, November 11, 2014

tea & thankfulness

tea…
i like to drink it
hot
or cold
iced
or sweet
with lemon
or
with honey
or
plain…
I like English Tea
and Asian tea
and all sorts of happy little herbal teas.
I like it blended
I like it straight
I like it decaf
and when it ain't..
and when my man comes home
coughing and blue
the kettle starts brewing overtime 
little man tested NEGATIVE for strep
but has a wee cough..
perhaps allergies..
but now
the MR & I have a tickle
and a icky feeling in our chests…
SO not what I need to heal..
or not what I think I need.. 
Maybe I do need to be FLAT out
to actually rest more
because I tend..
to do a bit
more
than
people SAY I should be doing.
Maybe I need just broth
and tea
and sleep and sleep and sleep
and sleep
because goodness KNOWS
It's all I want to do right now..
having a weak immune system SUCKS..
POTS
HASHIMOTO's
Chronic LYME  (in remission PRAISE JESUS)
all mean.. 
slow down
take care
sip tea
nap
and frankly I DON"T WANT TO!
I want to go…
I want to sand my tables
stain the tops a deep brown
and paint their bases
Chateau grey..
yes!
I want..
to climb a ladder and PAINT that wall that just got built..
and.. start the trim
to be able to put in the lexan for the windows..
I WANT
to clean up my front yard…
and my back yard..
and
if you WANT me to be TOTALLY honest on this blog
really really RAW honest..
I want to smash my kitchen and gut it…
and start from scratch..
I WANT the property brothers to just sort of come over
and FIX that room with me..
but
I don't ACTUALLY have money to do any of that right now..
except the tables (supplies bought)
and cleaning up the yard..
and the wall..
but I am too wobbly for the wall..
so I sit.
and stir my tea..
Ginger Tea with Raw Honey 
Honey given to me by a friend who has a hive locally ..
THANK YOU !
and I strive to just
be so CONTENT
and THANKFUL
that I remember the things I want to do..
I just had 
GAMMA KNIFE brain surgery..
thinking 
that very fact that I remember..
is 
freaking AMAZING!
and I am holding on to the JOY
that I can
SEE all the things 
that I still want to do..
which is so so so beautiful..
ok.
so my spacial awareness is off a bit still..
bumping into things..
missing things..
dropping things…
spilling things..
it SHOULD all improve..
and  
I CAN SEE
I am NOT blind
and I 
AM
so 
very 
very 
thankful.
the third thing that I am thankful for..
is that I care..
It's a sign
that I am NOT in some great state of depression..
I might get very blue..
but they are blue moments..
like accents in a room..
splashes of color on a painting..


that is not absorbing me
filling me
consuming me.
because I see,
and dream
and hope
and want
and look SO forward to

.. 
and that
is a good thing..
so..
I suppose .. I should be thankful for the ..
whatever has entered this home..
 thankful Rob is well enough to go to his very important & demanding job.
Thankful he loves me, and comes home to me, and sleeps next to me on the couch,
 coughing his terrible cough, sneezing his terrible sneeze..
Thankful for little mans sharing.. of EVERY bodily fluid that is in him..
Thankful for the short season that they are still….
ALL in this crazy tight home
squashed like sardines
stepping on one another..
and LOVING me
because I AM NOT an easy person to love..
and they do.
and I love them
all so very very much too..

No comments: