Monday, November 17, 2014

AIP…. Auto Immune Paleo Diet

Because it's just SO fun
being so complicated?
no…
not at all.
It's called 
AIP
it's a bit of a spin off of the 
Paleo diet
it's Auto Immune Paleo Diet.
My doctor recommended it over doing the GAPS diet.
some of you are nodding your head…
in understanding and agreement...
some of you are throwing food at the computer
in total disbelief and shock..
because GAPS is what saved you…
and to others of you..
I may as well be speaking Greek.
Ah yes..
the other side of Tante Nika…
The side I don't LOVE to write… about…
The technical
medical
side of me…
I'll be totally honest here..
I am not as smart as I once was..
and there are random facts and bits of data
that are just IN me
and I don't know where they came from
but they are right and true
and always impress my doctors..
I KNOW they are things 
Moriarty just..
ate for lunch or something …
so 
there is this whole world 
of….
nutrition
that has NOTHING to do with that 
PYRAMID thing you were taught in school…
like NOTHING…
it's all about
non gmo
organic
sustainably grown
locally grown
raw
free range
grass fed
whole food
honest food
coconut oil
bone broth
fermented foods
butter
seed saving
food coops
farmers markets
aquaponics
herbs
kombucha
kefir
kimchi
yogurt
krauts
kale
protein
healthy fats
probiotics
pre biotics
omega 3
vitamin D
healing
and hope…
it's about the gut brain connection
and 
breaking free of medications
but healing our bodies 
with foods..
yah..
I probably sound like …
a hippie chick..
some granola gal…
but it's a movement
and it's real..
it's full of regular moms and dads
with kids who are sick
and we are part of it..
this trying to heal movement
and our doctors are part of it
and it's exciting
because we've experienced
SO MUCH healing already from it..
but.
enter brain tumor
and set backs..
I confess..
when my mom was sick that last year…
I really was sick
and I really wasn't taking the best care.
my baby was sick
REALLY sick
and my dad was sick
but busy pretending he wasn't
and my mom..
she was dying..
and there was just 
SO MUCH to do
and then she died
and there was NO time to grieve
there was just
even MORE to do
and then My dad got sicker
and sicker
and it was Cancer
and the Little Man 
was sicker
always he was so so ill..
and really 
I didn't take care of me..
and now..
it's time..
like a big fat horrible debt that wants to be paid.
that really IS how it works…
our body's NEED to be cared for..
and when we get all caught up in the caring for others
when we fail to do that caring for SELF
things go amiss..
THAT is why they tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself 
FIRST
because without it on..
you really can't be a help to anyone else..
and now..
I am not much of a help to anyone else…
I just hang out with Jesus on the couch…
me and Jesus..
me and Buddy and Math books
it's really not as helpful as I normally could be.
I know you will all tell me how amazing I am..
I know that…
because you do..
you tell me that…
but 
it's not really so..
I really suck all the time..
anything cool you see..
That is JESUS in me..
ALL Jesus
ALL the time..
if you see anything sucky …
that is me
ALL Tante nika
ALL the time…
so..
WE are setting about to CHANGE things…
SETTING about 
to put OFF bad habits
bad habits put on for good reasons
are still bad habits..
and setting about to put on GOOD habits..

Doctor says we need to REBOOT my body's system..
my endocrine is screwed up
my gut is screwed up
my glucose is screwed up
my thyroid is screwed up
my hormones are screwed up
my cholesterol is screwed up
pre-cancer cells
pre-diabetic levels
pre this pre that
and a freaking brain tumor to boot..
means
ok…
sure…
whatever..
so 
here goes..
AIP
Auto
Immune
Paleo
DIET
on top of..
some hormones
and supplements…for cholesterol
and for all those areas..
and diet to heal
I have agreed to everything..
and asked for time to learn it..
I don't want to just jump in and drown..
I want to learn it..
understand the why's 
the hows 
the behind the scenes..
the recipes…
and then..
start…
Dr. agreed to this..
but he was stern..and…
drum roll..
excited.
He said we should see a near turn around in the next 3 months
THREE MONTHS…
with my delay..
that would still be by March..
BY MARCH?
he said to call if I get weak from drastic weight loss..
????
shut the front door…
REALLY?
no one ever said that before..
in all the years of treatment..
they NEVER try to offer weight loss..
in fact
i have only ever gained weight with the other doctors..
they never offered healing
they never even offered hope to 
MANAGE my health
they never
offer
hOPe
so..
all that to say
as scary as this 
new diet is..
I am
really
really 
excited
to 
maybe
JUST
maybe
HEAL
really 
really 
HEAL
because I can not
remember
except for that brief time in France..
I can't remember a time in my adult life when I was not
in pain
not sick
not struggling..
I am so ..
hopeful
and thankful
to each of you for joining me
in prayer
because i really like LIFE
and am SO excited to 
just LIVE IT again
yay me!
sitting here 
with my oxygen mask on
hanging out
with 
JESUS


No comments: