Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Steadfast & faithful

Adventurous, Courageous, Imaginative
Buddy
my steadfast
smiling guy
ALWAYS everybody's buddy
he really IS faithful to be MY buddy first..
i LOVE Buddy
Today,
whilst the Big Teen aged humans are OFF
doing gavel club and other important things
BUDDY 
is my care taker
he is making ME 
ok..
warming me up 
some Tomato Soup
and I am SO thankful.
The house is quiet
Little Man is at Preschool..
and I get an afternoon 
with BUDDY
I have the most beautiful garden..
with bouquets of flowers growing around me…
all planted by God..
it's nice when GOD carves out special moments
for me to notice
and enjoy the uniqueness of ONE
just ONE of his
special blooms..
Thank you Jesus..
for even in illness
and brain tumors
and disease..
you have a way
of making 
absolutely EVERYTHING beautifully about YOU
and YOUR redeeming EVERYTHING FOR you

and it's JUST 
the coolest thing to notice..
perhaps
I wouldn't..
If I was being me..
go go going right along my merry way.
Thanks for having me STOP
and enjoy some time
some smiles
some tomato soup
with 
Buddy
today
thank you for keeping 
BIGGER things before me
than me





1 comment:

Anne said...

Today, I was also blessed with some restorative time to spend with one of my favorite encouragers, who is always ready to care for me. If she is reflecting how I care for her, maybe I am doing alright by her in my care taking? These are beautiful blessings.

I often wonder what I would miss if I wasn't FORCED to stop and be still.