Friday, November 14, 2014

fields

there is something so beautiful 
at 
Blessings Farm
when the morning light hasn't yet
hit the front of my field
but has hit the neighbors..
It looks rather magical…
because MY field
looks captured
enslaved by frost;
beholden,
by a certain chill
it's shocking really
desperate
striking
and beautiful.
The pain in my brain…
it holds me
It holds me tight
but there is this promise
of it's release
I can see it in the fields beyond
and today
today at two of my medication intervals
I needed 1/2 dose of pain meds

autumn is still here
and winter is still coming
coming with it's cold
with its chill
and ice
but there was warmth in my bones today
briefly
life in my brain today
briefly
and it offered hope
and it was thrilling
because I love life.
and I have NO desire to lay down with winter.
but rather
to gather up the wood
and the tea
and the roots…
to hang the meat to dry,
and stack some books
and hunker down
for a winter 
of healing
a winter of restoration 
Overcoming Moriarty
won't be about
just popping some pills
but about ME
taking back 
this 
GIFT
called 
LIFE

No comments: