Sunday, December 28, 2014

when.. I write…

I write.. 
I write about my heart
my life
my experiences.
sometimes the things I write about
will touch you…
they are meant to.
Sometimes they will reach in to your heart
and you will feel what I feel..
or be shocked,
that I could feel what you feel.
other times
you will be offended..
because you will feel 
slighted,
hurt,
insulted,
feeling very much like I am writing
specifically about you.
There will be other times you read my words
and you really, just can't relate at all.
Still, I will write.
Writing is what I do.
Perhaps I don't write well.
Writing well, it's really not the point.
I need to write.
I need to write HONESTLY,
about life, about my experiences,
about my heart,
about my observations.
I need to write, like I need to breath.
I need my keyboard,
or pencil and paper.
I can not help it.
In all honesty
Words take MORE effort than they used to..
I try to sprinkle MORE grace
because I certainly NEED more grace..
If I write something,
and my words make YOU feel uncertain ..
make YOU question 
OUR
relationship..
make you question 
whether or not you have
said, or done, or been a little
less than your 
OPTIMAL
you..
I want you to know 
THIS 
about me.
don't.
I have 
NEVER 
used this blog to vent
about 
ANY 
one singular person.
THIS blog
is NOT about 
YOU.
I write in generalizations
for a reason.
TO protect the innocent
and the guilty.
Fact is.. if you are my friend..
YOU are a HUMAN
and chances are you mess up,
AS much as ME..
and need protecting,
JUST for being my friend
or family member..
because OH MY…
I write!!
so..
If a circumstance comes up..
and someone says something 
"stupid"
I let it go..
REALLY!!!
If it's the something
that I have heard 15 times before
well then..
I write about it..
IF
by chance..
I have also seen that SAME thing 
chatted about in a support group
after support group..
you BET
I write about it..
If you happened to be a person
IN my life
who said that "stupid" thing..
and then
 saw it on THIS blog
or saw it on 
"overcoming moriarty" fb site
please…
PLEASE
don't get your undies in a bunch..
it means
you are in VERY good company.
IT means
LOTS of folks
say 
stupid things
JUST like you.
In fact…
I may have said the same thing at one point.
I often rebuke myself..
in case you haven't noticed..
SO
Let's go over some 
BASICS 
here
***
I have walked the death walk 
of Cancer 5 times..
2 times
VERY intimately
with my Mother
who was my best friend
and then
with my Father
who was my OTHER bestest friend.
They got to hear some really stupid things..
Which means I got to hear 
all about those things..

***
I have an adopted child
who has some unique challenges..
believe me when I tell you..
people say REALLY 
hurtful
STUPID things
they do not mean to..
but they do
it's HUMAN to do so..
I got over it a LONG time ago..
seriously..
so should you..
but I won't pretend their words were 
anything BUT exactly that.
***
5 of the 6 of us went through 
LYME Disease
along with different Co-Infections..
and THAT was a freakish nightmare..
believe me..
these are just the HIGHLIGHTS
of some of what life has had for me..
and 
people
SAY stupid things
and IF you happen
to read 
YOUR 
stupid on this blog...
suck it up buttercup

I love ya anyways…
more importantly 
GOD 
loves 
YOU

we
have 
all 
said 
stupid words..
been 
stupid… 
done stupid..
The key is..
to learning from the stupid 
& choosing to grow..
NOT pretending it was smart..
or loving..
or compassionate..
or in the best interest of…
just… admission of stupid..
it's a humbling thing..
we do with God..
So
IF you feel like you're walking on egg shells 

around me because of THIS blog
and MY writing..
afraid of what I will write next..
afraid you are doing something wrong..
JUST remember..
you have to crack a few eggs
if you are gonna bake a cake!

so lets get baking
and get over
ourselves..
learning and growing in 
grace and truth
Let's face it..
You are either MY friend..
or MY family member..
OR
 you are reading this
because you have someone in your life
OR
 are someone
that is struggling with a health matter
that relates to my health issue
and 
you are drawing from this in some way…
THIS is new.
new to you.
new to me.
I am living a NEW normal.
I can't live up to 
ANYONE's 
expectations;
anyone's standards.
I have a 
new normal..
and walking by grace
is taking on a whole new 
defining view to me..
I am stumbling after Jesus..
falling often,
but moving forward none the less.
my words are mine.
about MY life experience.
a journaling of my adventure in Christ
and my dealings with humanity..
it's not meant to wound you.
but to bless you.
YOU are loved.







1 comment:

Stacy said...

Amen my MM sister! Well written and so close to home!