Thursday, December 18, 2014

Dear Santa

Dear Santa….

I want to tell you..
 that all I want for Christmas is health..
 for me and my WHOLE family.. 
but you aren't in charge of that.. so… for that..
I will continue my daily talks with GOD ALMIGHTY
you know.. the CREATOR of all that EVER was, IS or will be..
yeah.. HIM..
so… it seems YOU are the "go to guy" for all "things" this time of year..
at least..
THAT's the word around town..
so...
I was thinking.. to tell you that
I would like a kitchen…
a kitchen remodel..
you know.. since the whole new house idea fell through..
maybe the kitchen remodel.. and the repurpose job to be finished.. 
(that Moriarty REALLY got in the way.. and now.. it's a little CrAzY town here)
My dishwasher is still broke..so we wash everything by hand..
which is fine..except we need nearly all the counters for all the drying dishes..
but we need the counters for meal prep.. because we have all these dietary issues.. 
and all the meals are from SCRATCH.. like peel the Rutabega scratch…. 
so… that'd be nice.. and the counters are in NEED…
and I can't see..
because The King declared the nice bulbs illegal, and the fluorescents make Moriarty stab me, 
and the LED are sucky for casting light, which make everything so dreary…
like we are living in a Ray Bradbury novel…

and there is barely enough room for all the stuff we use every day,
because we cook three or more times a day…
and we bake all this food
and make all this food,
and eat so much of this healthy food….
and the stove needs a match to light it.. and the oven doesn't work so good, 
and the drawer under.. JUST broke.. 
and the cabinets are falling, and we are missing a drawer..
 (that was a sin from last year… don't count that on this years naughty for that kid)…
BUT the fridge works!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it sure is pretty… so… 
I think.. a whole new kitchen.. like would be great Santa.. I have been pretty good this year…
disregard ANY swearing that may have happened….
THAT was Moriarty…..

and ANY short temperedness
THAT was Moriarty
and any times dishes broke
from slipping hands after standing a really long time washing,
THAT is so so so
Moriary


and all those times I yelled at food and threw it in the garbage for burning…
That was me.. but… it perhaps shouldn't count.. because of Moriarty…

and Maybe… if Moriarty wasn't here,
and all this other stuff wasn't happening Santa.. 
I would just fix it all myself..
I would you know… 
and MAYBE if we didn't have to cook SO much, or whatever.. 
it wouldn't matter..
but it does..
and will.. 
and we will have to..
for a forever…
there ARE no easy frozen foods for our family...
so.. 
Dear Santa..
 I always told the kids they could ask you anything.. didn't mean they'd get it..
They could ask for the moon.. doesn't mean you are even there or even listening…
I know we don't know each other…
but the kids.. they talk you up a storm..
They SAID I should write you a letter..
so Santa..
This is my moon Santa.. 
It feels good JUST to throw it out there.. just to cast the line far out…
into the waters.. watch the lure hit beyond.. to wait.. to hope.. knowing.. always…
that fishing.. means just that..
fishing..
only in magical places..
on special days
does it ever mean…
catching…
so there..
I threw it out.. my lesser dream… my until...

No comments: