Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Today I was a good mom...

Today I was a good mom…
not the whole day long…
but today I was a mom who KEPT her word…
making today a good mom day for me.
Today I took my 16 year old beauty out shopping..
for under things..

and shoes

and a dress..


It didn't matter how crappy I felt
we went shopping.
And sexy husband drove us where we needed to go…
Today I was a good mom..
I don't claim to have been a good wife..
Some days it's really either one or another…Today..
Today I chose to be a good mom…
even when sexy husband
whose also known as the FATHER to FEAR
saw his girlie trying on dance shoes with… heals…
and grab under things off the rack..
and and and
The heals are higher than they once were..
and far from scantily clad
and the dresses more mature than ones she once had
our girlie is growing up…
so  poor beloved was sad…
missing the four year old girl we once had
her "dress up and go dancing" shoe style..
well it's changing
and It's exciting
and its shocking
and it's sad
all all at the very same time
so..
I appeased her Papa with meat at a steakhouse for lunch..
and calm returned to my hungry grumpy man…
yes..
today I was a good mom
I kept my word
calmed my man
and all is well in my world…
for now

(no.. none of the above items are exact representations of the purchases…
they are however
IN all likelyhood
AS sexy
as HIGH
and as SHORT
as her dad saw them…)



No comments: