Sunday, December 7, 2014

praising Him in the morning

praising Jesus!
Dairy has been out of my system for more than 72 hours…
YOU have been praying along with me
and last night.. I feel asleep just after 10pm
not 3am
but 10 pm
I didn't wake in the night…
I know.. i know.. perhaps on the surface you are wondering..
THIS is about Moriarty..

why do we care about this diet

and her sleep…
because since surgery I have only had 5 days of sleep… 
in the month since surgery

that is hardly optimal for rest after brain surgery…
Moriarty isn't dead
This sort of surgery is "killing him softly"…
and I am supposed to be resting, healing my body
instead.. my whole body is freaking out
pre cancer cells, pre diabetic numbers, thyroid levels out of whack..
and my other doctor is doing everything to get all that in order
to help me
to de stress, and REST…

my part is to do it..
and I know the FIRST place is on my knees in prayers
asking YOU for prayers
and this I believe I have done.
I have prayed
and waited upon the Lord.

and today that starts with prayers of thanksgiving..
I am thankful for rest,
& for sleep which has eluded me..
Thankful for faithful family and friends who pray for me;
about things that may seem so silly,
that might not seem to be part of the story,
for having faith and praying anyway.
I am thankful to our God for leading me to wise healers, 
in this case known as Doctors & surgeons.
I am thankful for God revealing some of my trigger foods SO early on.
Mostly I am just bursting with thankfulness.
I am able to go places.. even for little short spurts..
I am able to help in the kitchen.. even for little short spurts.. 
I can read.. if I hold my finger to guide my eyes…
The two kids listening are patient with me when I have to think to read about that word…
I am frustrated some days
but thankful at how quickly I am progressing
Thankful how much grace God showers upon me..

ah.. what a nice thing sleep is
God is great

No comments: