Sunday, December 14, 2014

Celebrate

Friday Night
Machine Man's company had their annual 
Christmas Party!
I don't get out a lot…
I usually am on the inside looking out..
it's thrilling to go to Trader Joes and look at produce
and tea, and toothpaste..
so it was SUPER exciting to go out for dinner with my hottie husband.
It was SUPER exciting to see
all our lovely friends.
It was SO thrilling to get to have a fancy dinner
OUT of the house
with OUT the little blessings
pulling on my pants…
so much to be excited about..
There was also a lot I confess to being anxious about…
oh I know.. 
anxious?  
yes..
anxious..
what about???
well.. 
would they get my dietary needs right..
would my brain sustain volume issues..
would I be able to handle seeing SO many people..
conversations can be challenging for me,
as I loose my place in time and space
lost in a thought
and it's a tracking thing..
I feel a bit scatty..
would I do ok?
so I do..
what I do
I prayed..
and guess WHAT!
The meal was amazing..
there WAS a mistake..
somehow the dairy free portion was missed… but the CHEF
made me a fresh batch of soup completely dairy free,
and roasted potatoes for ME instead of the lovely creamy mashed
everyone else got..
MY meal was AMAZING..!
everyone at my table was jealous ! 
thank you Jesus for a special meal..
and thanks to the configuration of the venue
when the music got loud…
too too loud, 
and my brain felt all wobbly…
wandering out of the room was an easy option
as many friends were out in the foyer area visiting as well!
Thank you Jesus 
for options and not letting me feel trapped
and as far as tracking conversations..
Between all the drinks people were drinking,
and all the excited and "so glad to see you" moments
there were just millions of 
interrupted moments
and no one could have noticed my 
tracking issues unless they were REALLY trying..
and even so.. 
who cares! 
It was a happy celebration…
so thank you Jesus
for letting me enjoy these beautiful people
that my husband has the privilege of working with
day in, day out.
You are so good to us!
What wonderful things there are to celebrate this Christmas..
Best of all LIFE
and LIFE in Christ!

for other wacky things that can happen after brain surgery
or brain injury

No comments: