Friday, December 5, 2014

Inside… looking out

from the 
INSIDE
looking 
OUT
yes.. I know.. you are used to reading stories all about 
people who are left out.. 
people who are on the outside of a situation looking in..
wishing they are on the inside..
maybe that is what you are doing..
when you read this blog
you are my friend
or family member
or maybe
PERHAPS 
you have never even met me..
perhaps a friend told you about this blog
or you've just stumbled across it
so you identify 
with the age old story of the hero/heroine being on the 
outside.. looking in…
That, is not the story being told here today.

This is my world. My blog. My brain. 
Moriarty is the villian that lives in brain…he is MY tumor.
the people mentioned in this blog, are the people of my life..
the cast of characters in the story… of my life...
The Main settings are a house in a city outside a BIGGER city
and a farm house in the country… far from any city, miles from a town..
Todays post
todays pictures
are from that Farmhouse
and I ..
I am on the Inside.. and I am looking out..
I feel like that a lot.. 
at the farm house and the city house…
trapped inside a body that is NOT working like it should
hiding behind eyes that see a world I once interacted with…
once… engaged with.. so differently than I do now…
Living with chronic illness is isolating…
it can be..
 lonely
but, one learns oneself;
and, one learns about others.
One also learns about God, if ...one is a person
who chooses to learn at all.
It is from a window that I can learn about the seasons,
about the weather, and the migration of birds…
but sometimes,

looking out the window means
not seeing anything, but exactly what God has put out for me to see.
Sometimes
HE wants me to see 
ONLY
that which HE wants me to see..
SOMETIMES
He wants my eyes to be 
FIXED on Him.

For me to glory in HIS magesty
Sometimes
He paints me pictures
so I don't feel lonely 
when they've all left me home alone
while they've gone off to play in the woods
or hunt or what ever

He etches the old glass
with the most beautiful pictures
they are different each morning
if I touch the glass
they disappear
when the sun hits the window…
they disappear..
He never does this in the city house
the glass.. it is new.. fancy glass
Machine Man 
My beloved Husband talks about 
upgrading the windows in the 
"old farmhouse"
making the place more..
"energy efficient"
he .. 
he doesn't know that 
God etches me artwork on my glass 
on lonely winter mornings..
to remind me..
that 
even thought I am a work in progress…
and I may be in this.. fragile state…
and some folks may not understand..
and some days my people are off
living exciting adventures
while I..
I am on the inside looking out..
out on the beautiful wonderful world...
and some days MAY feel lonesome
God is with me..
He has never left me
never will…
and so..
I put off my beloved…
and remind him of the charm of the old windows..
how they work fine.
how many other things need fixing..
because 
God's finger
still writes on surfaces friends..
we just need to look 
at how 
HE writes…
etches
of artwork 
so beautiful
sometimes it's that different perspective
that changes
everything for us






No comments: