Tuesday, December 9, 2014

battles of the mind

lonely..
forgotten
fallen
isolated

there is a thing that people do sometimes..
where they compare
to a fault
where they compete to a fault
you know it's bad
when if you are sick
they are SO much sicker
and 
you can't have a clue
you in fact are exaggerating..
people like that are toxic
run
turn the other way and run.
healthy relationships are so much better 
ever being in a toxic one
choose 
HEALTH
every time..
choose 
LIFE
healthy foods
healthy friendships
healthy beverages
healthy activities
health
put ON health
put off toxic
even if
it means being alone for a while
even if it means
a season of loneliness
a season of winter
because spring will come
God will not leave you alone
He's
DOES NOT leave us
HE won't forsake us…
this week..
more than once..
I got really hurt..
by other peoples 
toxic words..
but I am 
in a season 
where I am 
LEARNING TO WEAR MY ARMOR
may not be great at getting it on in time
I may be slow…
I am not a gal with 
"thick skin" 
but 
God tels me that He has provided ME with Armor
and HE will teach me
how to wear it
I am getting better at wielding my weapons…
but warfare…
it's tough stuff..
and I have been in this season now for some time.
I just didn't know..
till recently…
what this heavy stuff on me was..
it FELT like a burden…
it FELT like JESUS was burdening me with something..
till I caught a glimpse of myself
and it all became so clear
and I felt so humbled
and foolish
and thankful
because MY skin..
it's like PAPER thin..
I am so sensitive..
so broken
so wimpy
and MY God
He's got these TOTALLY other plans
in MY weakness
HE is made strong
and HE is sending me into battle after battle
and I want to 
crumble
but 
HE just keeps showing up..
all strong, and AWESOME, and heroic.
so.. I am willing to rid myself of these toxic things
toxic relationships
toxic foods
because
I choose to follow 
my KING
and the battle..
well
I have a long way to go,
and a whole lot to learn,
and the battle...


No comments: