Friday, February 13, 2015

Questions….


so…
Moriarty is …
smaller?

YES!

so…
he .. shrank?

YES!

How much?

just a little

So… like


THIS MUCH???

no, not that much..
Moriarty never even got that big
He only seems that big
to me
when my head hurts.

you said… Pilates.. 
why ?

Pilates isn't associated with any eastern religious stuff…
It doesn't make MY spirit uncomfortable 
It ISN'T high impact
or cardio
which my body can NOT take
because of the state of my many auto -immune diseases.
In fact,
according to 2 of my doctors, those are just NOT allowed!
They can cause me to crash,
mess up my bodies balance
and make me very very ill..
(gee, wonder what went wrong ALL these years…)
all that to say
I like the basic philosophy behind Pilates…
I feel, I can actually get behind them;
and because, I think
and often people say I think TOO much..
when I think about it,
this philosophy doesn't upset me
I feel I will be able to stick with it for intellectual reasons.

"Develop the body uniformly, 
correct wrong postures, 
restore physical vitality, 
invigorate the mind, 
and elevate the spirit." 
Joseph Pilates
The very point of the theory of the
"extra" work of healing I am doing
is balance,
the restoration  
of health to my body.
This seems to be what Pilates is all about.
I will also be adding walking and swimming
as I am able.
When I get strong enough,
gentle biking with my family
to the mix.
My goal is to be able to dance 
and Zumba 
come this summer
and not collapse for 3 days after.
yay for goals!

you said…
chinese herbs and medicine..
WHAT is THAT all about?
WHICH herb or herbs??
WHO is your CHINESE Doctor???

My Chinese Doctor is Qingcai Zhang
He was the doctor who treated me for Lyme Disease. 
He runs the Sino Med Research Institute.
The herb I will be taking is Artemesia 
is still in early stage of research,
but there is MUCH already done.  Many years of research done on it. 
It is an herb I have taken safely before.  
I have waited till phase two
because we have a nice new MRI to show us a clear picture of 
exactly the size of Moriarty
and we have clear expectations of how much more if anything to expect 
from the GKS that I had in November of 2014.
I will be document the start date of my taking the herbs
and Dr.Zhang will be able to use this for his research
IF he should so desire.
So far the research indicates clearly that this herb helps in the shrinking of tumors
EVEN in the case of cancer.
the research, which I have read
is exciting.. 

YOU said you lost 30 pounds!
HOW did you do that, if you are not exercising???

It's actually a combination of things.
I take supplements, 
probiotics
and hormones
based off a complete work up of MY blood, 
stool samples, urine and hormones 
that my doctor did… 
yes he was THAT detailed..
and he rechecks and rechecks.
He's watching my thyroid and my Hashimoto's disease VERY carefully
and adjusting things accordingly.
I also take a medicine to help me sleep at night,
it helps but I still have trouble sleeping..
And, I am doing the AIP Paleo Diet.
I am very faithful to it,
I do have JUST a few things that I cheat on…
I do drink coffee.

I went off for a couple weeks with no change…
so, now I drink it as I please, or don't.
I also eat eggs.

not allowed on AIP.
 I was off eggs for 3 weeks, and when I reintroduced,
 I experienced no problems so, I am back to enjoying this protein.

The majority of my weight gain took place when my body was in balance.
it is NOT in balance RIGHT now.
There was an ingredient in one of the hormones that my body needs
(progesterone)
and it caused a pretty big reaction.
I had to stop taking it for 1 month.
I have lost NO real weight during this month.
I have remained stable.
My Doctor had to have a progesterone compounded without the use
of soy or peanuts..
As it is not a medicine one takes every day of the month,
I have to wait to take it.
Once I do, my body should return to balance shortly.
who KNOWS, my sleep may even return to normal!

you said you have to see a 
Neuro-opthamologist..
WHAT is that?

It's a complex doctor, who did this UBER cool thing
when in med school.
MERGED
so his or her days are often full of  complex systemic diseases
 that have manifestations in the visual system
basically… I saw my eye doctor… and SHE said..
the visual issues I am having
are NOT because I am over 40..
My actual eyeballs
are beautiful…
and working wonderfully…
something ELSE is going on..
it could be Moriarty..

or brain fatigue from the GKS
or something else entirely..
the what… ?  is beyond her pay grade..
she thinks I need this other dr.
and Dr. Chandler.. agreed.

So… 
why do you want a new Neurologist?

I feel like I want someone who is on the same team.
Someone who won't always presume everything IS Moriarty..

He is after all, so arrogant, narcissistic, and just plain awful..
 I don't like when everyone presumes ALL my symptoms were Lyme Disease either..
sure they MIGHT be related..
we all live INSIDE me..
but it they might NOT be related.…
I also feel like not everything  I say
means I need another drug
or anti-depressant
(which I am not taking)
because..
I AM NOT depressed…

Maybe…
we need further testing.
MAYBE something ELSE is happening..
I am quite fabulous
quite the phenomenon after all..
they always say
when you hear hoofs 
think horses not zebras

unless you're in Africa
and zebras are part of the terrain..
well…
I think we've established
I am not the average terrain!

all that to say..
time for a change
fresh look at me
time to build the team.

How are you…
do you feel fabulous?

I feel… tired.. 
there are some big improvements..
but there are some big sucky things too..
I feel THANKFUL.
I am alive.
It wasn't cancer
It shrunk
I know my people
and my people know me.
We are facing a LOT right now.
IT is NOT an easy season..
MANY Of the people we THOUGHT
would have our backs
have totally bailed on us.
but people we never 
ever thought 
have been there for us.
We are trying to reconnect with 
THOSE relationships.
The seasons BEFORE Spring/Summer…
they are HARSH seasons..
First comes death..
everything beautiful comes falling down around you.
or so it seems..
then 
it all gets trampled and stamped into the ground.
then…
it happens again 
and again.
Then things that seemed …
stable..
like limbs on a tree..
come crashing down..
often breaking things..
Then the winter storms hit
and more crashing..
more breaking..
more trampling.. 
more packing down
it's cold
and harsh
and bitter..
and you get cabin fever
and people get snippy..
and even when the weather gets better..
there is mud
and muck
and rains
and storms
and tornados
and flooding
and it's all pretty awful
if
you want to look at it that way…
but there are the buds
and the green peeps that sprout
out of the ground
and the promise of new life
and hope
and THAT is what
I am aiming for
that 
HOPE that Christ extends to me
What trials are you facing?
are you remembering 
YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made?
It's easy 
to get overwhelmed by the storms of this life..
especially when it's hurricane after hurricane…
and people you thought would be there aren't
and souls you thought would stand with you 
have passed away
and the wind is bitter and cold
and you feel lost and alone
I know..
I often FEEL just this way..
but GOD is with me
and HE is a faithful God.
HE is a promise KEEPING GOD…
HE has NEVER left me,
NEVER bailed,
NEVER abandoned, 
NEVER forsook,
NEVER walked away,
NEVER been too busy,
NEVER died,
and WHEN Jesus did Die
ON a Cross…
HE did that for ME
and then 
set for me
the best example EVER
and OVERCAME Death
even death on a CROSS
and Rose AGAIN on the Third DAY
and lives 
yes Jesus LIVES
and He is seated…
(not running around stressed out..
but seated, because His job is finished)
seated next to the Father
the Father who never NEVER died
and God sent HIS Holy Spirit
to comfort me…
yes 
God has
always always always 
just been with me
giving me the most amazing things..

and HE has them for you too..
and more questions..
If I can..
I will answer them.

Blessings!










No comments: