Monday, January 5, 2015

not alone


Have you ever SAID that..
GOD…
I trust YOU…
?
Sometimes… We can THINK we are trusting God, when really..
we are trusting what someone ELSE has said about HIM.
or we are trusting someone Else who we think.. knows Him..
or we trust a different God all together..
Sometimes…
It isn't even God we are putting our Trust in..
it's people..
or in a "personality"
which isn't smart.. because people, while being lovely,
FAIL often.. they just do.
they aren't even punctual often..
They lie, about stupid things.. like that my blouse looks nice or ..
that I look great after surgery.. really?
I looked GREAT when I was 23.. I didn't look so great after surgery 
They had great excuses.. like they were.. being nice..
but really.. it was still.. a lie.
and how can I know that?
HOW could I ever write that..
because I am human..
I have been there.. done that.. 
but..
God.. doesn't EVER lie..
and sometimes.. that sucks.
It's HARSH.. 
we don't LIKE hearing the TRUTH 24/7
we are used to lying to ourselves
and being lied to..
PAHLEEZE!

That said… 
Getting to know GOD…
is KEY in putting your TRUST in HIM.
The best way to KNOW Him
that I know of
is to be reading HIS love letter to you.
The 66 books of the Bible,
and by being IN Prayer
and being in fellowship.
NOW
here ye, here ye!!
I have shared ALL this.. because.. 
many times.. 
fellowship have been VERY difficult for me to obtain.
See.. Moriarty is IN the brain..

and sometimes,
people wear things…
perfumes, and cologne
and stuff, that make them think they smell pretty..
that make my brain hurt..
and then I have to leave. 
and stay in bed for about 4 days.
Sometimes… the music is so .. well the base is so..
that I have to take meds and stay in bed.. for a couple days..
Sometimes, I am too sick to go..
sometimes people say hurtful things
and other times, 
they exclude, and maybe..
maybe they don't even KNOW that they are 
being all exclusive..
maybe they just are not very 
inclusive people..
But I have often felt …
lonely because of ALL of this..
So finding a place to FELLOWSHIP
is huge to me;
and I totally understand that about myself.
plus..
how encouraging is THAT?
I like the idea of being CLEANSED?
I rather need it..
I have found, in my trial… that sometimes that fellowship
is meeting intentionally with other strong believers in Christ.
Bringing my Bible, and spending TIME with them 
IN joyful conversations, with Gods word just there,
ready to be opened to…
often it's been by joining a small group of women for bible study.
other times, its been by email, Facebook and phone.

yes.. I have been sick enough that THOSE were my only options.
BUT
fellowship is key.

HEARING Gods word preached has never been easier for me 
I can tune in or find on the internet
to MANY place for GREAT messages..
here are some of MY favorites


For music I find and gather playlists
One of them I have shared with all of you,
it is on the right column of this blog.
It is on you tube.
I have it listed under Overcoming Moriarty ! HA!  
because it's MY 
intention to OVERCOME
Jesus gave me this verse ..
and it 
INSPIRES ME
Right now..
I am walking through the book of Phillipians..
I find it one of the MOST encouraging books of the Bible..
Uplifting, instructive and ENCOURAGING…
frankly friends..
I could use a little of all of THAT!
so
here is what I am chewing on today


Philippians
Paul and Timothy, bond-servants of Christ Jesus,
To all the [a]saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, [b]including the overseers anddeacons: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your [c]participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

I would LOVE to get a letter like that.. 
wouldn't YOU?
seriously.. 
THAT is a great letter!
Having someone who is ALWAYS thanking GOD when remembering you,
ALWAYS offering prayer with JOY in their hearts FOR YOU..
because of YOUR participation in the gospel
(ps.. gospel means GOOD NEWS.. It's the GOOD NEWS.. because.. you and I , we're sinners.. we mess up, screw up, we break HIS rules.. we do.. all of us.. and doing that, means we have to pay a penalty.. and the penalty for breaking even ONE of HIS rules ..even ONE time is Death.. So where does the "good" part come in?  The good comes in, when Jesus paid the price.. and died on that Cross for my sins.. and paid MY penalty for me! and for you.. ) 

 and would love for someone to have that confidence that GOD is perfecting the good work in me..
My mom and dad always had.. confidence and hope in me..
no one else has EVER had that kind of confidence or hope.
I think Paul maybe had THAT sort of confidence and hope, only 
GREATER…
I think.. that the passage is encouraging.. and I want you to know.. That.. I thank God for all of you..YOU have been praying for me, and I am offering MY Prayer with JOY for all of you.. for the work YOU have been doing, in view of YOUR participation of the Gospel.  And I too am CONFIDENT, as Paul did, that HE who began a good work in you WILL perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus..
I saw a lovely friend this weekend, and she was fretting .. JUST a bit.. that she had done nothing…. nothing at all to help serve my family in our trial.. I could see she was very troubled, that she had wanted to help, but she's not the cooking type, and her schedule isn't the childcare type.. I listened, and she shared she'd been praying..  and I had to stop her.. because RIGHT there… Her prayers.. RIGHT there, were exactly what I needed.
SHE is serving my family… by loving us, and lifting us up, by speaking kindness every time she sees and deals with my family.. she IS blessing us..
and while some are hands and feet, some are quiet prayers to the Lord..
we aren't all the same parts of the body..
but we all have a place..
WE all have a place..
NO person need feel left out of GOD's big party..
WE have all been invited..
It's a question of who puts on the party clothes and goes…
It might be a pretty come as you are kind of party..
those are often… 
the best kind..
Your prayers friends..
they mean SO much..
Thank you for NEVER making me face this battle alone!
 please know..
I am praying for you too..
any urgent prayer requests will be shared with the 
Overcoming Moriarty Facebook group
which IS private
but is there for the sole purpose of prayer
so if you should have need
you can leave a prayer request in the comment section below
just remember..
no matter WHAT



1 comment:

Anne said...

Thank you for sharing this truth <3 I, too, have felt bad for not being hands and feet in serving you and others, but have often felt grace and mercy from you. In my human, fallen state, I ask -"Could/Should I be doing more? Did I get it wrong? Am I spending my time and energy the best way... the way Jesus calls me to?" These are the questions I ask myself daily, and I strive to do better every day. I am a work in progress.

I pray for you every chance I get, and I think of you often with thankfulness and a warm heart. And I pray that you and I, and our children, will increasingly be able to serve others and enjoy the fellowship which is a blessing from God.